Saturday, April 7, 2012

Post 6

Ahhh! Easter Saturday...

Well, my feelings about this day haven't changed much since last year's post...

... this is where true faith dwells... in the space between...

This is part of Richard Rohr's meditation for today which arrived in my email box...

Jesus trusted enough to outstare the darkness, to outstare the void, to hold out for the resurrection of the forever-awaited  'third day,' and not to try to manufacture  His  own. That is how God stretches and expands the soul, and makes it big enough to include God.

You see, to love fully is to die! (When you fully unite with the other, the separate self is gone.) What is handed over to God is always returned to  us transformed into Christ Consciousness. Easter is the eternal third day that we forever await, but today we are content to live in the belly of the whale, in liminal space, in the 'in  between' that is most of human life. God is creating a Big Space inside of you. Just wait!

Part of me is frustrated that my situation - both physically and emotionally - hasn't changed much since last Easter Saturday, but even as I write this I realize that isn't quite true...

Things have slowly been stirring... I have been returning to Jesus' story again and again, thanks to the wise writings of Brother Richard...

And as I approach the fifth anniversary of the stroke (on 9 May), I am indeed frustrated that I am still unable to do so many things, but I have to accept that 5 years to expand a human soul is truly not that long...

... not compared with eternity...



2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been 5 years. This is a beautiful "space in between" writing. It really touched me. I went on to read your other posts and I am shocked (had I forgotten?) how much we have in common. It is good to reconnect with you. xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fairly new to your blog, but you are truly an inspiration and Richard's meditation was very insightful. We are all struggling to let go of self and make room for God and we all have different limitations. Never give up! You're growing closer to His heart just because you desire to love Him better. :)

    ReplyDelete